Touch is a natural human reaction to pain and stress. What is your instant reaction when you bump your head or stub your toe? You immediately rub it!
For thousands of years, healers around the world have instinctually developed a wide range of therapeutic techniques using touch. Scientific proof of the benefits of massage abounds and as a result massage is increasingly recognized by healthcare providers and the World Health Organization as a non-invasive therapy that effectively treats many conditions, ranging from chronic disease and acute injury to prevention by alleviating the stress-related tensions of our modern lifestyles. Having a massage does more than just relax your body and mind. There are specific physiological and psychological changes which occur, even more so when massage is utilized as a preventative, recurring therapy and not simply mere luxury.
- Increases circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles, reducing spasms and cramping.
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Stimulates the flow of lymph, the body's natural defense system against toxic invaders, including cancer-causing agents.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body's largest organ - the skin.
- Releases endorphins - the body's natural painkiller - reducing the need for pain medications when treating chronic pain, acute injury and recovery from surgery.
- Reduces post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce scar tissue and realign muscle fibers.
- Relieves pain for headache and migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provides exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles.
- For expectant mothers, assists with pains of pregnancy and labor, lessens need for medication, and lessens depression and anxiety.
When you contact us to schedule a massage session, we will do our best to understand your needs and match you with a therapist who can best meet those needs. In most cases, a variety of techniques are integrated into each session as needed so we base our rates on time rather than modality. These techniques may include:
Results-oriented Clinical Massage Therapy focuses on treating a specific diagnosis or condition and addresses areas of resulting compensation. Our clinical massage therapists have completed additional certifications in Advanced Neuromuscular Techniques, Anatomy, Physiology, Clinical Terminology, Assessment of Posture and ROM, and Pathology as well as other areas of specialty.
Although a prescription or referral is not necessary to receive clinical massage services on a self-pay basis, a Physician or Physical Therapist may have referred you to us for therapy, and sometimes insurance will cover the treatment provided you have a diagnosis and prescription. Please see Rates & Packages to understand insurance and self-pay practices. In either case, Clinical Massage Therapists are not qualified nor allowed to diagnose or prescribe, so we prefer to consult with your other health care providers to ensure our therapy is aligned with your ongoing treatment plan for the following:
- Pre-surgery - to prolong surgery or prepare muscles prior to surgery to allow for more satisfactory recovery.
- Post-surgery - to address scar tissue, relieve compensatory pain, increase circulation to promote healing of soft tissues, and soften and lengthen soft tissues to aid your physical or occupational therapy.
- Post-injury - to address the effects of acute injuries received in motor vehicle accidents, sports, work and other activities.
- Chronic Pain - the initial break-through phase of treating chronic issues
A clinical massage session will integrate many massage techniques to treat the specific injury or condition. While the therapy is specific and often intense, your therapist will maintain consistent feedback with you to ensure we are working at levels within your tolerance and appropriate to the stage and condition of the injury or surgery site.
While these sessions are not generally relaxing at the time, you will realize feelings of relaxation and well-being after your sessions as you recognize the relief and progress resulting from the therapy.
Whether you are a competitive athlete, a weekend warrior, or enjoy more leisurely activities, don't let soft tissue injuries ruin your fun!
Sports Massage is the application of massage and stretch techniques to muscles and connective tissues with the intent to enhance and maximize athletic performance. Sporting events involve muscle activity as the primary motive force and many sporting injuries occur due to accumulated and untreated muscle and soft tissue dysfunction
Don't let muscle injury reverse your hard work by keeping you from exercising, training or compromising your performance on race day! Use Sports Massage pre-event, post-event and between events to:
- Increase range of motion and soft tissue flexibility
- Increase endurance and performance
- Reduce or relieve aches and pains that occur during activity
- Relieve muscle soreness by flushing toxins out of the body
- Promote faster recovery from training and injury
- Prevent injuries before they happen
When you have completed rehabilitation for injury or chronic pain, prevent the recurrence of ischemia and pain with Maintenance Massage. Our therapists are experts in relieving and maintaining many conditions, including but not limited to
Back and neck pain
Sciatica and Hip Pain
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Sciatica and Hip Pain Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Sydrome
For expectant mothers in all stages of pregnancy, Prenatal Massage will promote relaxation and relieve the aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
When you just need to escape, relax and feel well again, Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue Massage, or Hot Stone Therapy will calm the nervous system, release endorphins and restore feelings of relaxation and well-being.
Corporate Onsite Massage Services are an affordable and convenient benefit, and much more than a low-cost office perk. The positive effect of wellness services in the workplace reaches everyone. Whether you choose to hire BodyWorks for recurring services, employee rewards, or a special event, we provide much more than a routine service. Our highly skilled, experienced and licensed providers offer client-focused treatment, providing each participant with a session tailored to address their individual needs.
Pricing is quoted depending on your needs and the recurrence of services; our fee structure includes three options:
Company-Sponsored: the company pays in full for the services.
Shared Expense: the company and the employee share in the cost of the services.
Employee-Direct: employees pay for the services, which can often be applied to flex benefits if they are included in your health plan.
- We provide all equipment and supplies, schedule coordination, and informative literature necessary to support services.
- Services are tailored to fit your company's needs, including session durations, payment options and recurrence of services.
Call us today to find out how we can help reduce the occurrence and cost of workplace injury!
Self-Pay Session Fees are due at the time of service.
We accept local checks, cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover. At this time, we do not accept American Express.
|Hot Stone Treatment||$10 add-on to your session fee|
Pre-pay for 4 or more hours and receive a $5 discount per hour. (4-hour package = $70 per hour = $280)
- Must be purchased in 30-minute increments for a minimum of 4 hours
- May be used in any time increment
- Packages do not expire. However, if our rates change, the difference of the increase will be charged at the time of each session. We provide a minimum of 30 days notice of rate changes.
Because we do not accept walk-ins and it is possible that your therapist is traveling from another location to provide your session, we require 24 hours notice of cancellation if you will be unable to keep your appointment.
- Cancellation must be made by phone or email (no text messages please). Excluding emergencies, weather or illness, cancellations with less than 24 hours notice may be charged 100% of the session fee.
- No-shows will be charged 100% of the session fee.
- Insurance patients providing less than 24 hours notice of cancellation will be charged our self-pay session fee. Please note that your insurance will not cover fees for missed sessions.